Sunday 20 June 2010

Oh the long, beautiful days of summer.

I can never tell what that gnawing feeling in the pit of my stomach is. It could be down to a whole load of things, which I will cleverly and conveniently list here:
  • Exams - I only have one left but I'm still terrified of what's going to happen with it. Chemistry is a wonderful subject. This exam however, may well be the end of my life as I know it.
  • Results - I've done four of my five summer '10 exams. D1, C4, Biology and M2. [funny how the vast majority of my exams are always maths ones, yet I'm never going to need any maths whatsoever, ever during my life at med school. Well, other than the ability to count to ten when giving injections.
  • No more college - my college days are officially over. Which also means that any authority I've ever had [class rep, health ambassador, teacher's pet etc][for once, I'm not actually joking about the teacher's pet thing... freaky]
  • Summer holidays - *utter screams of delight* I want to call them honeyed hours. Why? Because they're going to be sweet, slow, sickly, bright and will make me very thirsty. Does that appeal to anyone else? Hah. Love it.
  • People - I'm not sure about this one. Ever get this scratching feeling in your guts when you think about someone? I'm not talking about like... lovey-dovey icky sickening crap or anything. Just.. I dunno, it's kinda hard to explain. Like recently I've got back in touch with a lot of people and whenever I think about it I kinda get this feeling that says 'this is what happened, you'll never see it again, it's all memories'. Think of it this way. When you fill a hole in the ground with concrete, if a bug or a leaf or something falls into the cement mix, it'll be there forever. You'll never find it again unless you dig up the concrete and smash it to bits. In fact, you might not even know what you're looking for. And if you do find it, whatever it is, it'll be dead. Does that not frighten you? Or is it just me?
All these seem like pretty plausible explanations. But it could just be as simple as I haven't been to the gym for about three months and I'm absolutely gagging for it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exams - get it over and done with (: I'm soo looking forward to mine :D So that I can then lay down in the grass with friends, Ipod blaring away without any guilt :D Well some guilt, but still...

Results - it's done, I'm sure you did fine but even if you didn't (doubt it!) there's no use in worrying about it.

Summer - YAYAYAYAYAYAY :D :D :D :D

& Friends - tbh, I don't really know what to say to that other than I think I know what you mean. I hate feeling that way. But the cement doesn't have to smusssshhh the ickle bug.

Lemonie Pencil said...

Deep philosophical musings here my dear! I love your concrete analogy - unnerving thought, that. I cannot wait until this exam hell is over! xxx

Neda said...

Bloggy: You're looking forward to 'em?!?!?! :O :O :O Fuuurrrreak. Just kidding :P But you're pretty weird. *high five* P.S. I thought of something else to add to our list :O :O

Lemonie: That's the sorta nightmares I have o_o Not even joking, they're the scariest O_O