Wednesday 24 March 2010

Waiting, waiting, waiting...

These days I seem to spend the majority of my time waiting for things that, deep down, I know aren't going to arrive yet, but even so I can't help but.. well, wait.

• Waiting for the post/email to arrive
This is probably the most annoying of the lot. I'm waiting for a letter that's going to decide whether I'm moving out in 6 months time or whether I'm going to spend the next year stacking shelves at Aldi. It's coming soon, by April 5th at the absolute latest. But it's killing me.

• Waiting for people
Any time I detect the slightest hint of the person I'm waiting for.. but then realise it was my mind playing tricks on me.. my God, worst feeling ever. But every single time, every single time I find myself getting all excited before realising there's nothing to get excited about.

• Waiting for something to happen
In other words, procrastination. I am a master at procrastination. In some ways, I'm a workaholic. I can't get enough of it. But that's untilI get that nagging feeling in the back of my mind that I should (A) I should go back and check if that letter/email has arrived yet or not, or (B) the person I'm waiting for has arrived.

OHBOY.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'sup bruv? :D